The SG size reduction system combines a shredder with a granulator in a space-saving single unit for processing of waste material. The shredder part is equipped with a low-speed, multi-knife rotor driven by a high-torque gear drive. The machine also features a powerful two-speed hydraulic horizontal material pusher. Shredded parts are screened down to 25 mm (1 inch) size. The lower part of the system, i.e. the granulator, consists of a 3-blade knife rotor and stator knives to further reduce the material size to 8 mm (0.3 inch). The shredder and granulator components are optimized to work together, providing a smooth and reliable operation.
- fully integrated shredding-granulating system
- compact, small foot-print
- more economical than a conventional stand-alone shredder, feed conveyor and stand-alone granulator
- can handle the majority of plastics materials such as PET, PP, PS, vinyl, etc. presented as lumps, post-consumer products, post-industrial refuse and so on.
- will also shred other scrap materials such as organic fiber, soft metals, cables and the like.
- OSHA safety compliant
- IEC compliant controls easily available in North America
- Wear spare parts warehoused in Illinois
Scrap: plastic lumps, parts, foam, film/sheet, wood, cardboard, carpets, organic fiber, soft metals, cables
Installation: factory-floor or in centralized size-reduction recycling centers where a large material shredding capacity is needed.
Main Technical Specs
Following specs refer to a 500 pounds per hour combo system. Contact us if larger throughput rates are required. We offer units up to 1,400 lbs./hour.
Throughput 500 lbs./hour
Feed opening 570 x 490 mm (22.5 x 19.5 inch)
Shredder motor 15 HP
Shredders screen size 25 mm (1 inch)
Granulator motor 10 HP
Granulator screen size 8 mm (0.3 inch)
Voltage rating 480v/3ph/60Hz