General purpose shredders are versatile machines designed to reduce the size of most plastic waste materials resulting either from the manufacturing process or from post-consumer recycling programs. They are equipped with a powerful two-speed swing ram design eliminating the risk of blocking and wearing out of internal guide rails. The machine can be tailored to various application which require cooling or extra-hard wear options.
- single shaft shredder with two-speed hydraulic pusher ram
- easy cleaning and maintenance
- can handle the majority of plastics materials such as PET, PP, PS, vinyl, etc.
- will shred carpet and fiber, medium injection molded parts, thin and thick walled parts, large blow-molded parts, purgings, pipe profiles film and sheets
- complies with OSHA safety features
- IEC 2010 compliant electrical controls
- electrical spare parts readily available in North America
- wear spare parts warehoused in State of Illinois.
Scrap: larger plastic lumps and purgings, thick walled parts, general recycling
Does a superb job as a primary shredder to produce bales for transportation, waste site disposal, or followed by further size reduction by a suitable granulator.
Installations: Typically installed in central recycling rooms or facilities.
Main Technical Specs
Following specs refer to a 1,750 pounds per hour shredder. Contact us if larger throughput rates are required.
Throughput 1,750 lbs./hour
Feed opening 1340 x 8400 mm (33.1 x 52.8 inch)
Rotor configuration 60 knives
Rotor speed 100 rpm
Rotor motor size 50 HP
Hydraulic pump motor 5 HP
Voltage rating 480v/3ph/60Hz
Machine weight approx. 4,200 kg (9,300 lbs.)
Machine dimensions 1,940W x 2,085D x 2,435H mm (76.5 W x 82D x 96H inch)